Irena Belcovski is an internationally recognized contemporary abstract painter. Her work has been exhibited by numerous independent Canadian galleries and is found in private collections the world over. Her pieces have several times been featured on Saatchi Art’s gallery homepage and in their 2014 “Artist of the Day" event. She further won third place in Saatchi Art’s Showdown “Back to Nature,” an internationally recognized competition drawing thousands of entries.
Born in Skopje, Macedonia, Irena has, since she was a child, held a fascination and true passion for art. She was introduced to painting by her grandfather who was a naïve painter. Having received a B.A. from the Faculty of Law Studies at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Macedonia, Irena after enrolled in a 4-year mentorship in Prof. Milosh Milosavljevic’s private atelier. In this, she cultivated her passion and began her life in fine arts.
Irena boldly relocated in 2012 to Canada to pursue a full-time
career in painting whilst also continuing her Fine Art studies at Sheridan College, ON.
Belcovski is currently a successful artist living and working in the Greater Toronto Area. She has been an elected member of the Society of Canadian Artists since 2015. She has also been featured on the cover and centerfold of Professional Artist Magazine and interviewed for “Artist Spotlight” in Dec./Jan. 2014’s issue.
- 2020 Colour and Form Society’s 68th Annual Open Juried Exhibition
- 2020 International Exhibition d'Aquerelle Albi, France
- 2020 "Why Do You Create" Juried Exhibition, VAM Mississauga, ON
- 2019 Circle Arts Gallery, 14 Bay St. Tobermory, ON, Opening Reception May 14th
- 2019 IWS Indonesia Competition & 3rd Juried Exhibition, ART BALI | ABBC Building Nusa Dua Bali, 1-7 Aug.
- 2019 International Watercolor Triennial “Water & Spirit", Juried Exhibition, Varna, Bulgaria, 1-31 July
- 2018 In Situ Art Fair, Skopje, Macedonia
- 2018 Museo de la Acuerela del Estrado de Mexico, Juried Exhibition, Toluca, Mexico
- 2017 49th Annual Open International Juried Exhibition, SCA, Papermill Gallery Toronto, ON
- 2017 St.Clement of Ohrid Gallery, Toronto, ON
- 2017 The International Collective Art Exhibition, Urbino, Italy
- 2016 Art Gallery of Hamilton, Art Sale, Hamilton,ON
- 2016 Group Exhibition ARTA Gallery, Distillery District, Toronto, ON
- 2015 International Watercolor Society, India, Harmony through Watercolor Biennale
- 2015 Different Lives Exhibition, ARTA Gallery, Distillery District, Toronto, ON
- 2015 OUT AUT Gallery of Modern Art, Toronto, ON
- 2015 Prove e Sperimentacione, MERLINO Bottega d'Arte Gallery, Florence, Italy
- 2014 Light and Imagines, MERLINO Bottega d'Arte Gallery, Florence, Italy
- 2014 Hall Of Art, Burlington, ON
- 2014 Summer Hit III, ARTA Gallery, Distillery District, Toronto, ON
- 2014 Tag Art Gallery, St. Catharines, ON
- 2014 MOC St.Ilija, Mississauga, ON
- 2013 Tag Art Gallery, St. Catharines, ON
- 2013 Christmas Art Show, Kerr Village Gallery, Oakville ON
- 2013 Small Pieces, Praxis Gallery, Toronto,ON
- 2013 Lister Arts Gallery, Hamilton, ON
- 2013 MOC St.Clement of Ohrid, Toronto, ON
- 2013 Annual Group Exhibition, Praxis Gallery, Toronto, ON
- 2011 Monet Gallery, Skopje, Macedonia
- 2010 Annual group Exhibition, Dom na ARM, Skopje, Macedonia
- 2009 Annual Group Exhibition, Dom na ARM, Skopje, Macedonia
- 2008 Annual Group Exhibition, Dom na ARM, Skopje, Macedonia